Thursday, May 22, 2008

Double Sided Boarding Passes Work

W00t! My double sided boarding pass mistake worked wonders today. In the morning it was folded to show the flight to London. When I arrived there I folded it so it would open on the way back to Amsterdam.


Scanning the bar code was no problem, as they didn't overlap and cause issues with the bar code on the other side shining thru. Nobody complained (not sure whether they evar noticed, have a policy that allows this or have already seen other passengers doing this too).


Next challenge would be to print both on one side and see if the let me board, just because we can, although I think they may have a problem with that (passes are shrunk, more difficult to read, bar code may not scan, it's just plain weird to do something like that, etc.).


As promised two (blurry for authenticity's sake ;-) pictures of the double sided boarding pass (notice "BOARDING PASS" in mirror shining through in the second one):




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great that the scanner accepted both tickets! Well, this time at least. I mean I'm all into saving trees as well. I print next to nothing. But boaring passes... you know, don't jinx your luck. I'm sorry for the trees but I will always print them on separate pages (also to reduce the change of losing the return ticket).
An extra sheet of paper is only nominal to the footprint you leave with an air-trip, anyway.

[BOFH]Basilisk said...

Well, Ed, if you save the boarding pass PDF on disk, losing it ain't gonna be much of a problem as you could still print it if need be...

Now that's a thought! If I were to show the PDF on my laptop, would they be able to scan that as well!?!? Haha, I wouldn't have to print 'em at all! That would be really really sustainable!

But that'd also be pushing my luck the most extreme way possible I guess...